Transformers really are more than meets the eye!
I know, How can you be expected to learn with all the hilarity that ensues?
Transformers are considered one of the most efficient machines made right now. They allow us to step up and step down voltages which have many practical applications.
The best part is you don't need to go to cybertron to figure out how these things work.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Comments, Concerns, and Queries
- How to use turns ratio when calculating voltage
- How to calculate current using the turns ratio
- Multi winding ratings
- Multi winding transformer ratings
- Proper connections
- Flux linkage (What happens when a winding burns out)
- Observing proper polarity when paralleling transformers
- How to determine the percent impedance of a transformer
- How to calculate fault current using percent impedance
- Voltmeter closure test
- Multi tap transformers
- How to determine the minimum KVA in a transformer
- How to determine Primary Current on a 3 wire transformer FREE PREVIEW
- Step up Autotransformer
- Step down auto transformer
- Buck/Boost autotransformers
- Instrument transformers
- How to determine voltage across a neutral break
About the instructor
When I became an instructor myself, I vowed I would do everything I could to put the student first. This has been my philosophy since 2009.
I truly believe that all Electrical concepts can be broken down into easy to follow and understand lessons. That is the whole point of these courses.
As always I am always growing and learning and would love to hear from you.